You know, there are some days that I feel like I have it all together and then some I don't.
I remember a day about 2 months ago. i had a really successful day with work, i went to the gym, i spent great, fun time with liza and jason and then went to eat with my girlfriends!!! i remember going to bed thinking...this was the first day i have done it all..i felt like i was good at all of it that day.
Then there are days like today...i went to Liza's school with some concerns for next fall, tried as hard as i could at work without feeling any accomplishment, was disappointed with colleagues, went to pick up Liza, ran to an office with her, came back to the house...put liza in time out 3 x in a row for hitting. there is a work test running on my computer that i try to click on as i walk by... tried to get the weekend organized with jason, liza, baseball games, basketball games, parties,babysitters, etc etc...
Don't get my wrong, i AM so thankful for all my problems...they mean i have a healthy daughter who makes me smile , i have a job which allows me the freedom to do more things i love, i have a husband that has great friends and interests and a wonderful job that keeps him busy. and i have the most wonderful, wonderful friends. all of this is WORTH worrying about for a day.
Most weeks i do feel like i accomplished all of my family, work and individual goals (ok, that might be stretching it)... ha! I could join the circus considering the juggling i can do...
a day like this will come and go...that i know. Plus, it wasn't even that bad..there could be wayyyyy worse days...it just made me feel like i wasn't doing anything right. maybe i would say i have 90% all together...but the 10% days WILL end in a glass of wine!!!!!! To the kitchen i go...... i already feel better!!!!!!!
PS...ANNNNDDDD i couldn't get blogger to open the picture attachment so we could end in a liza pic! ha...so the only visual you get is me pulling my hair!!! :)
{P.S.S. IF, my sweet angel,.......if you're going to become a pro at getting all "worked up".....become a pro at "calming down"} I'm working on that one pumpkin......................................
Equivalent Table
1 month ago
4 comments:
Luckily, the bad days seem to quickly pass. You are one of the few people I know that can balance family, work, friends, etc in a way that seems natural and easy. Not many people can do it. Tomorrow will be better.
Take a deep breathe, a sip of wine, a peek at your beautiful baby girl and a squeeze from your fabulous husband. We all have days like these...it's what make the good days that much more special.
I tell you this all the time, but you amaze me at how you can do it all and do it all well with a smile on your face! I have a hard time just playing the mom role. A good day for me is when I've showered before noon :) so don't get down on yourself. There aren't too many people in this world that are half the mom, wife, employee, and especially FRIEND that you are....even on your worst day!!!!! Hopefully you beat Jason in Phase 10 to end the day better though! Loves!
Kate, one time after an especially difficult day, Dad sent me a bouquet of roses and card that said - sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you! Kind-of silly but true. Sorry you had a bad day. Love, Mom
Post a Comment