Sunday, April 12, 2009






My sleeping bunny...
lucy made mccoy the cutest little bunny hat and he was so sleepy and snuggly in it! ;)




















big sis!!!!!









































I have so many pics from the weekend...so i'll have to finish tomorrow
we had lots of friends in town the first part of the weekend...it is so much fun getting to love on everyone's babies!
sat was cole's party and then loooong naps
sat night we cooked out over at coco and cricket's
i was so excited for liza this Easter...
she was so excited for the Easter bunny to come. we put out carrots for him to eat when he stopped by. we hid tons of eggs and of course put chocolate eggs in her shoes. my parents did this to us every Easter and we looooved it. liza took 9000 years to find all the eggs because with each one we had to stop, get excited, look at the color, open it, name the candy, count them and slowly put them in her Easter basket. oh ya, and EAT the candy... (liza was put into sugar rehab tonight and she had a hard time coming down from it) please keep her in your thoughts these next couple days.
we were kinda sad about the cold rainy weather...but trudged on! ;)
we went to the condo to eat hot cross buns that coco made and could NOT believe that the Easter bunny made a stop over there as well! YES!!!
on to church in the tsunami/blizzard
the church service was great. tehy talked about life and death and that Jesus preceded us in both. he reminded us not to be afraid of death. he told a story about a dad and his son talking about death. the dad told the son that death was like when he would fall asleep at grandma's and how he would pick him up and put him in the car and take him home to bed all while the little boy was peacefully sleeping and when the boy woke up he would be back home. and fell safe and secure. i thought this was such a great way to explain it.
i also LOVE rocking a baby during church. i used to have to talk myself out of tears when i would have liza in my arms during church. it was always a time to thank god over and over for his gifts and the sacrifices he made.
today coco did all the crying for me during church! :) haha! ok, mom , i didn't want to admit it but i had to use my secret weapon of saying "poop" a few times to keep the tears in. like mother like daughter! haha!
after church we went to the club and ate...the egg hunt had to be canceled because of the weather but the Easter bunny came to visit!
then home for a loooooooong nap again.
and tonight my head is bowed
*thank you for my day today. thank you.*








4 comments:

Taylor said...

Happy Easter! I love all of your pictures and how you almost cried in church! Your little trick is a good one!!! Your tinies are precious. I also love the Matilda Jane outfit, it wasn't so big at first but it kind of grew as she wore it. Oh well! See you soon!

Amanda said...

I always cry in church too and I have been especially weepy since the birth of David Franklin!! I will have to use your trick which will probably lead to another old habbit I had in church- laughing!! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I love the easter pic's. It was great seeing you and your beautiful family the other day!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's true. I couldn't turn off the tears Sunday. I love my church in Springfield but the Episcopal church seldom makes me cry as yours did. The music touched my heart and I was inspired by the hopefulness of EAster. And I was surrounded by all of you. Even if Jennifer and Chip weren't with us, I felt like we shared an Easter experience although Chip was at the ocean and Jennifer in the mountains. What a happy day! Love, Coco