Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday CoCo!

How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.
I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.

happy birthday to our sweet coco today!
she's even babysitting grandkids on her birthday weekend!
we love ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, CoCo, for being such a good parent to Kate. My daughter, Paige, has the priviledge of keeping McCoyBoy a few days a week. I am so thankful for the wonderful parenting example she has from Kate and Jason. She tells me almost weekly about what great parents they are. She said they have their priorities in the right place - it's all about Liza and McCoy - everything else falls second in line. Kate and Jason must have had wonderful parents as well that showed them the right examples. Happy Birthday and Thanks! Joy Brown (Paige's mom)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kate, for the birthday wishes and poem. I'd do it all again but better, I promise. You are what I wish I could have been and more, an excellent mom, and I'm so proud.

Thanks to you too, Joy, for the sweetest comments. I agree, Kate and Jason are the best of parents. Paige makes it possible for them to go to work and not worry. What a gift that is.

So many thoughts to hold close to my heart . . . .

Love, Coco

Kate said...

awwwww!~
thanks joy so much for making my day...we are so grateful for the gift that paige is to us. there is nothing better than knowing others love your babies too! thanks for sharing her with us! :)
and mom....
you know how i feel about you...i still watch and learn from you. every.single. day. you are ALWAYS on call. always..you never clock out. you are always there! i thank you for that!
TWO mama's made my WEEK by these sweet words...
thank ya! :)

Anonymous said...

I am telling you - you have all three made me cry! I am taking Marcia to Birthday lunch and I will have to start all over on eye makeup. Yes Kate - at some point, I'm sure we will hold hands. Love to you and your sweet ones!

Nancy Jane