Liza got her tubes in and adenoids out on Friday morning. Everything actually went a little better than I had anticipated! We dropped McCoy off at Beth and Davey's a little before 7 so they could take him to school and then headed to the hospital. I had told liza earlier that week that on friday we were going to have a big day and we were going to go to the dr to take lots of medicine and then when we got home we were going to eat lots of ice cream...obbbbviously with the mention of ice cream the other words slid on by but she was not anxious about anything when we got there (very unlike her) she got to pick 2 stuffed animals to bring with her. so the night before we thought really hard who would be best for the trip. Teddy was going to be the main squeeze for the day.
He got a bracelet just like hers! She listened really hard to the anestiologist and i think she started getting a little nervous so when they brought the medicine in to relax her she wasn't interested.
but it worked because when they came to get her for surgery she was not worried about leaving one bit. teddy got a "hat" just like liza's and we told her to take care of teddy! and she was cracking up as we were jumping up and down in the hall waving at her!
she was not so happy coming back...she kept gagging and was pretty mad about the whole thing....we finally got her calmed down and she slept it off...she wanted to crawl into my skin. poor thing. it made me say a prayer for all the babies that are really sick..not just doing some outpatient surgery..the really sick ones. i can't imagine.
she was up!!!!! pretty much back to normal! not only that but thought it was her birthday! she got balloons delivered and i kept hearing her sing happy birthday to herself!

2 comments:
So glad to hear everything went well Kate!
Liza, you were so grown up this weekend after your surgery and I was proud of you. Cricket and I stayed in Fayetteville to play and visit and sometimes forgot that you were recovering. I grandmothered Monday and Tuesday and you and I had such a good time. My favorite story was when you asked where Cricket was and I told you he was at the hospital, that he was a doctor. You said, "A doctor?" - not so sure that you liked what you heard. How could your precious Cricket be such a thing! I'm sure you'll reconsider at some point. I love you. Coco
Post a Comment