We had Liza's parent teacher conference a couple weeks ago. Jason and I laughed the whole time. It is always so funny to hear stories about her. We got the BEST gift a teacher can give of a huge binder with pictures, art, examples, competencies, etc etc. Oh, I just loved it. It is always fun to hear about your child through someone Else's eyes and ears. I can not tell you all how much we love liza's school. It is a magical place and i am amazed almost everyday. We appreciate everyone who works very hard to make it such a great place for these kids.
Liza had a Dr's apt the other day and it was about 4 when we got done. She begged to go back to school. It was actually going to be easier on me to just take her home so I could relieve the babysitter with mccoy so i started asking her if she wanted a Popsicle when we got home or we could stop by blockbuster to see if they got beauty and the beast in...NOPE she only wanted to go back to school! So i dropped her off to just go get McCoy and then go back to get her. She loves it that much! That is a great feeling! :)
These are just a few examples but the binder was full of stuff.
Almost every night when we got to bed Liza lays next to me and says, "Mom, how was work today? What did you do?" So i tell her the same thing every night.
Well Liza, I drove on a really long road and then went into a dr's office and said, hi, my name is kate carter, i have medicine to help your sick patients . and the dr said kate, thank you so so much for coming all this way to help my patients, thank you for all you do. and everyone lives happily ever after.
ohhhhh, i think one of these days my day is really going to go like that, right! :)







1 comments:
Kate,
I think the portfolio is just great! How perfect for you to have and cherish all of Liza's school yr. Your blog always either brings a tear or smile to my face....tonight it did both! I love the little talks you share with Liza. You are a wonderful mom!!!
Post a Comment