Friday, June 24, 2011

We will always be with Miller and Miller will always be with us.

As the heavens are higher than the earth,


so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.






As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,


and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it flourish,

so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,




so is my word that goes from my mouth;


It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire

and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

 
 
 
Isaiah 55:9-11


I am out of words this morning. I am awe struck by how God is using Miller's life. His story is causing others to want to have a deeper relationship with their families and walk closer to God.
We are proud to Be with Miller!!!
we are humbled by his life.
Love ya'll Meredith,Patrick, and Cole... who are So thankful for God's mercies, but hurting so deeply too...

I have watched them through this journey as they held onto each other and their family and friends. As a friend i think i merely held onto them. i held on to THEIR strength. when they weeped, i weeped. when they laughed i laughed. and we loved. their love was constant and unwavering. their faith was constant and unwavering.
 they shared miller with the world and the world loved miller. they entertained a house full of visitors that wanted to come meet this angel. and i often wondered if those visitors went back home and to work and said, i met an angel today.
each time i left their house i felt better than before i came.
each time was special. even this monday when he had a rough evening. and all of us girls were there for our monthly girls night. meredith put on her brave face as she so often does.
we cried. we laughed.
i think we all knew this was nearing. we drove home that night in silence.
we all hurt FOR our friends. we are sad for their pain.
we have all been touched by miller.
we have all been touched by watching our dear friends love their little boy.
we have all been touched by watching their families surround them and lift them up
we have all been touched by watching God find purpose in Miller's life.
Miller's life was large, although short.
and we have all been touched by Miller's journey back to heaven yesterday. while his parents held him and his spirit found everlasting peace.
so we wake on this morning with a deeper faith, deeper love, deeper prayers for strength, comfort and understanding for our sweet friends.
I'm with Miller.
and Miller will always be with me.
Thank you Miller for touching the world. for bringing God's gifts.
Miller, Please be close to your parents. i beg of you. call home. don't forget to call home. they will want to hear from you.they will want to feel your presence.

"i can only hope that the path i take in life can create and leave some positive things for the world around me" Matthew Moore


makes me think of Miller and his life path. do you think he has created some positive things in the world? there is no doubt about it. no doubt.
 
I am so proud of my friends meredith and patrick. so so proud of them.
 
Dear god, please grant comfort and strength to this dear family,


Embrace them with Your eternal love
through everything they do.

Amen.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Well said Kate, well said. I am thankful for all of our girls that were able to be there for Meredith throughout. No doubt, this journey was made easier because of all of you.

Tess Labeth said...

Oh Kate... I'm literally sobbing. I just know Meredith through her shopping with me and Patrick was an RHS legend... so I feel like I know them. I still can't stop thinking about them. What you've written is beautiful. Please let them know that everyone, even people they don't know, are praying for them.

I agree with the comment before that this journey had to have been easier with friends like you.

Thinking of you too! {hugs}

Judy McNeil said...

Kate - thank you for everything you (and all Mer's girls) have done to make this journey easier for her. The McNeils love you!

Aunt Juju