Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday CoCo!!!!








Today is my mom's 60ttttthhhh Birthday!!!!!

Happy Birthday CoCo!!!!

Here are a few things we love about her...



  • her laugh, i can remember when we were little... her talking on the white wall phone with the long cord in our old kitchen and just laughing...it would always start out so big..and we would tell her that her laugh was too loud and embarrassing..


  • talking on the phone with me foreverrrr while i am bored and driving


  • the dramatic attention everything gets..."kate, (dramatic pause) your house looks sooo good" or just fill in the blank with whatever you can think of! :)


  • She's nice to everyone she meets


  • She gives special attention to those that might be ignored


  • values family and always works to get everyone together


  • Worries!!!! If something is wrong with ya..she'll be thinking about you!


  • She is an official voice reader..ie: "kate, you sound good today" you sound tired today...etc


  • Gift opening--She cries EVERY christmas when she opens her gifts! :) and takes 99999 hours to open them!


  • She's a wonderful note writer...taught me the importance of thank you notes!


  • gives back to her community


  • makes the best banana bread and poppy seed bread


  • creative, we used to have the best birthday parties, valentines day boxes, etc!


  • she laughs at herself


  • used to scratch our backs till we fell asleep


  • does not take pride in material things


  • believes in water therapy...a bath will cure anythingggg!
  • Has given me a pure example of a good marriage
  • She helps ME be a better mother, everyday!

I know i will have 10 more by the end of the day...mom, we love you so much! thanks for all you do! hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This present definitely brought tears to my eyes! Am I the luckiest 60 year old in the world? Thanks for the precious thoughts on my birthday, Kate. Can you blow out a candle for me, Liza?

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Coco! Kate, I just cried reading this post this morning. She really is the greatest!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, CoCo!! Kate, I almost just cried too!! And I especially loved the "dramatic pause" one -- I can totally hear it in my head right now! She is the greatest -- you and Miss Liza are lucky to have such a wonderful mom and coco!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday CoCo! Those are great Kate. I can totally hear and see Marcia saying and doing those things. So sweet.

Shawna said...

What a great tribute to your mom! Happy birthday Mrs. Johnson!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coco! Kate, I have been out of town and this blog has just exploded! The tribute to your mom is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I just love all your creativity! Keep it up.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday CoCo!!! Kate (dramatic pause), that really was so sweet. I love your mama!! She is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coco!!! Kate, you have me teary eyed at work! Your mom truly is one of a kind!