Tuesday, September 9, 2008

oh my goodness, i just got done reading this blog, http://nieniedialogues.com/, and am still crying my eyes out. i heard about it on the today show this morning and thought about them all day...you have to read this story. they were in a plane crash and in serious condition and to go back and read her blog and how much she loves life and her family and kids...ah! here i go again! sending lots of prayers up in the sky for them tonight...
i have also been praying for one of my sister's best friends, her one year old daughter has been diagnosed with leukemia. lots of tears as i read about their journey and strength.

once again, i am reminded to be thankful today.
thankful for my giggly, spunky, healthy, fit throwing, kiss-blowing, book loving, runny nosed, cuddly little girl.
thankful for my smiley, sarcastic, hysterical, patient, hard working, snoring, fantasy football lovin', hell of a dad, curly haired love of my life.
thankful for my close knit, reality checkin, lovin, fightin, generous, funny, forgiving, couldn't survive without them, phone talkin, email jokin' family
thankful for my everyday chattin', laughter evoking, prayer sayin, beautiful, understanding, motivational speaking, sympothizing, soul sista's of some friends.
thankful for my stretchmark growin, pure joy maker, heartburn instigator, answered prayer, barf buddy, gift of love..my little bean.
thankful to God above for this, MY LIFE, how sweet, perfectly imperfect it is. ;)

ps.strep test negative for ms. liza :) woohoo!

6 comments:

Meredith Woodruff said...

Aahh! Now you have me in tears! Reality check!!!

love ya!
-memes:)

Amber said...

I'm in tears too!!!! laughing and crying at the same time!!!! Loves

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts on Sar-- I appreciate it (and so would she)! We need to remember every day how lucky lucky lucky we are. Love you, Jen

Amanda said...

You just reminded me to be thankful for my hurt-burn causing, ribcage breaking bump too! Thanks for your inspiration!

Sarah said...

If you want another tear jerker, go to http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
Have you ever heard of this one? I read it for 3 hours one night and cried until I couldnt see the next day! Poor family, I think about them all the time and how lucky I am!
P.S. Liza thinks she is your barf buddy, she would be jealous to know her little brother carries the same title :)

Anonymous said...

I am especially grateful . . . I love you. Mom