Sunday, January 11, 2009

And we will call him...

This was one of Matthew's senior pics...



We have told most people, but we are so proud of ourselves for having a name so early for this baby boy. Our honeymoon was on this island that was very small and most of the time we would be the only ones on the beach so jason and i had a lot of time to talk! :) One of the things we talked about (almost 6 years ago now!) was what we would name our babies. We had a horrible time thinking about girls names but boys names were always much easier.


We have decided to name this baby Matthew McCoy Carter, and call him McCoy.


Jason's brother, dad and grandfather all were named John McCoy Carter and we loved the name McCoy from the beginning.


Matthew is after my cousin, Matthew Moore, who died in a car accident his senior year at Fayetteville High. I think he would be 36 years old this year.


Matthew was one of those people that never had any enemies. He was nice to everyone he met, athletic, a leader, creative, funny, smart...the list goes on and on. He was a true Christian. He was very active in Kanakuk and i remember when he won the I'm Third award...God First, Others second and I'm third. He was a great writer and we always remember one of his quotes that said god grant me the ability to change the world around me a little bit at a time. We LOVED getting to spend time with both of our cousins, Jason and Matthew. We have the best video of a rendition of Cinderella that we performed at our house one day. Those boys were the best sports and Matthew dressed up as an evil stepsister and Jason was the prince. We all looked up to both of them in every way!

We hope to pass along the magic that Matthew brought to this world and are honored to share his name...



12 comments:

Molly Bittle Puryear said...

That is the sweetest... I love that! You know, Coy is really Scott Secoy (his grandmother's maiden name) and his nickname is Coy. I love Matthew McCoy. Adorable.

Jayme said...

Great post! I'm sure your little McCoy will live up to all you cousin was too! I'm so excited to meet him soon!

Sarah said...

I love it! I can't wait to meet him!

Shawna said...

I can't think of a better way to remember him by! I'm so excited for McCoy come!

Kelly said...

I absolutely love the name. It is perfect. Matthew is definitely smiling! Love you and can't wait to meet that angel soon.

The Condreys said...

i love the name!!!! i know your baby mccoy will be everything you could of dreamed and will make your family so proud living up to his cousin's name. ; ) I can't wait to meet that little man!!!

StaceyF said...

what a great name for a great little man! And what a special way to honor your cousin.

The Nuckols said...

I love the name McCoy and can't wait to meet the lil guy!

Amber said...

love it, love it, love it!

Leanne said...

I love his name! Family names are the best. I know he will be beautiful.

Leanne said...

He and my son, Holden, will go to Kindergarten together with me at Vandergriff.

Rachel said...

Love the name...and such an awesome namesake!