

I took these pics before we left for church this morning. we are so so thankful for the wonderful weather this weekend! it has been so much fun being outside! it is so hard to believe that the ice storm was just a few days ago. we did lose a couple of our trees that jason and i gave each other for our wedding presents..oh well...i guess it would be bad if the trees outlasted our marriage...instead of the other way around!
school was out all week last week so liza and i have been very busy!
her sleeping has improved a little... and when i say this..it pretty much means we are holding onto whatever tiny improvement we can get...it is nowhere NEAR normal yet.
jason has been SUCH a trooper and decided to be captain sleep.
all the books say that the parent that puts her to bed needs to be the one to do all the follow ups for the night so since i am somewhat disabled jason has been AWESOME! he has done 3 nights to my one....and i am so grateful for him.
We decided to start all over again with supernanny/babywisperer book techniques. the first night jason put her back to bed 100x before she fell asleep and then she was back up about 5-6x times throughout the night. the next nights have been down to around 50x before she goes to sleep. she has been falling asleep around 9:45...we start bedtime stuff around 7-7:30 with bath etc. she has still been getting up 5-6x per night...but let's keep our fingers crossed those improve this week. she is pretty good for naps...she will go down in about 10-20min and sleep for an hour or so.
my dr apts have been going good! this week will be my third week to get checked. the first time i was not dilated but she could feel his head, last week i was a 1..and i will go again on tuesday..i think this is about what i did with liza..i am still hoping he stays put until we fix his sister! :)
on friday i was putting liza down for her nap and she looked at me and said "mama" pause.."your a good girl" it was very dramatic how she told me and i just busted out laughing. then she started laughing and we each laughed harder and harder.....
life is good to us! :)

5 comments:
Kate - those are gorgeous pictures of Liza. It looks like you at least wiped your lens clean!! I am glad she is showing a little improvement. Call me tomorrow. I thought of another thing we did with Lucy that helped.
Hey there it's sarah lindsey clark - I came arcross your blog and wanted ya'll to know that we went through the sleeping deal with Cooper last summer just after he turned 2. It was a nightmare and I to was pregnant. The Dr said that he had insomnia and that sleeping is a pattern and it is difficult at times to break the pattern. Melatonin, over the counter and all natural helped some, oh and we also got a gate - because he kept coming out of his room. I would be happy to compare notes with you if you are desperate - - snlclark@yahoo.com Oh and on a good note our new baby Tyler sleeps like a log! God has been good! - Sarah
Kate, you ARE a good girl! And so is Liza!
Love, Coco
I am so glad Liza is getting better about sleeping! I am watching and learning, because we will have to put Stella in a big girl bed before long. I am sure it will be just as bad... good luck to you guys! See you tomorrow for your haircuts!
First of all, those pics of Liza are precious!!! Love the piggies!!! Secondly, I had NO idea that the wedding trees didn't survive the ice storm! I am a little teary eyed over this:(! Remember us driving home from Blooms N More with them in the Benz:)??? Ha, ha!!! I am laughing out loud just thinking about it!
Post a Comment