ms edie jane kickin it at field day. she is such a trooper.
such a cute group!
special donut breakfast on the last day of school!
sweet girl during a sink bath.
soooooo I had this taped on the front door, it kept blowing off so then I taped it to garage and by the time I got home it was in the corner of the yard hahahaha. oops. they thought it was cool anyways. haha.
liza wanted to celebrate summer in all its glory. she kept saying mom, we need to get ice cream to celebrate, mom donuts are a great way to celebrate summer, mom barnes and noble has the cutest peacock puppet that would be perfect to celebrate with this summer...
by 830 am on sat we had already done 10000 activities.
our sweet Claire and karis sent liza flowers to congratulate her on her kindergarten year! :) we are lucky to have them in our lives and liza is blessed to have their love and positive encouragement! :)
we headed to academy sports to gather stuff for our trip. McCoy came out ready and dressed to go. he got lots of attention in the store for this gear. I am so immune to his outfits that I didn't even realize anything was weird until we walked in and people started talking to him. of course this only confirms to him he made the right decision in his accessories and guarantees it will be repeated for future outings.
when we walked by the real bow and arrows and target McCoy FREAKED out like he saw a pot of gold. he was so so excited about them and wanted one worse than anything else he had ever seen in his life. obviously I wasn't going to buy him that and he lost it..completely lost it..no matter how I tried to explain it or offer a solution nothin was gonna lift him out of despair. so he started throwing things off the shelves and throwing a good old fashioned fit and then looked me in the eye in his meanest, gruffest voice said...youuuuuuuuu have a fat tummy.
ouch
hahahaha
needless to say he got a ticket straight to the car (we all had also gotten separated from Jason at this point in the store so it was that much more fun by myself )
this is where some parenting fairy came in and must have helped me....and what I did next made me laugh but kind of in an evil way. hahaha
I didn't say one word to him after he said that and then finally about half way home turned around and rubbed his leg and told him I loved him and I knew he loved me and that I knew he was a sweet good boy and that he just felt really frustrated that he wanted something so bad and couldn't have it and I know how that feels cause I have felt like that before.. but he made me so sad when he said that to me and acted like that in the store and made me want to cry ;) and I knew he didn't want to make his mom sad so I knew he was sorry...and then I started mentally highfiving myself when the big huge tears and lip quivering from him started. the I-can't-catch-my-breath cry started. and it was the kind of cry that he felt totally bad for just being a total asshole . he was not crying anymore about not getting what he wanted he actually felt bad for his reaction and hurting someone he loved . * life lesson! yes! ** my sweet boy was back and has a sweet heart and as his momma, it was good to know.
que music
you see sometimes we are jerks because something didn't go our way or we didn't get what we wanted in life but in the end...I don't even know what i'm saying here but I felt like there should be some profound sentence at the end of this hahahaha. anywho-- I went from feeling like a total crap parent not being able to control my kid in a store to feeling like I accomplished exactly what I needed to moments later. yes!
this parenting thing is funnn! sometimes. :-/
I was excited a ready for Monday to come liza and I had some things planned and McCoy would go to new school for his 2 day a week gig. well McCoy woke up with a 102 fever so plans changed a bit!
the kids dressed themselves bc by that afternoon we needed to escape the house and we went to the only place I could think of to not infect any other children: school playground
we escaped from the house so fast we forgot mccoys shoes. and edie refused to let me put her down. liza wanted to take a picture of me hahaha. I so bad need a shower and a cocktail.
Equivalent Table
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment