Tuesday, June 11, 2013

off to the beach! {cell pics}


 jason and I were frankly terrified to do this vacation on our own. we had never driven before and we were doing it with no grandparents and I don't know if anyone remembers the ambulance ride the last time we did it on our own ;) anywho--we wanted to see if we could make it even harder and drive 999 hours and add a newborn.
we ended up booking a place  few weeks before we went and off we went! jason borrowed that trailer thing from a neighbor and was SO excited to use it. he wanted to pack EVERYTHING. even plastic spoons. I always feel like I possibly married his 94 year old granny! hahaha!

lil edie jane was AWESOME! she looks a little miserable in this pic but she didn't make a peep the whole way there.






 we stopped and stayed the night in Jackson and let the kids swim in the pool there.
the next day was a little rougher..they were finally done with the car and had some mental breakdowns as expected.

 overall, the car ride could have been 9999 times worse than it was and thank GOD edie was awesome..
I think I climbed in the backseat and the way back 500 million trillion times over the course of those two days. when we finally got to the beach the next morning I looked at my legs and arms and I was covered in bruises. hahaha.

 they were SO excited to make it here. made it all worth it. this is why we did it!!!! :)








 she has been a VERY serious shell and animal finder. she searches for fish and clams and crabs and lizards and jelly fish. it is constant.




 the first night we let the kids play and got food picked up.
the second night we went to red bar







 night 3 we went to seaside and played around and got food from the food trucks. I would say that is always some of my fav food and such an easy night on the kids! :)


 I included instagram commentary with the way down pics so we would have the narrative. I was too lazy to retype. ;)






0 comments: