Wednesday, June 5, 2013

last day of school!

we could not believe it was time for the last day of school! liza has had such a great year in kindergarten and loves her school, teachers and friends so much there. it has been a huge year of growth for her. it is so so amazing what happens in that kindergarten year...they go from being babies to reading, math doing, writing, little humans.
I have LOVED having a couple months off where I could pretend like I was a stay at home mom with her..I got to go up and eat lunch and read to her class about once a week and it is so much fun to spend time in there. I walked to pick her up alsmost everyday and loved sitting and talking to everyone that passed by. she HATED it when I walked to pick her up hahahaha. it literally threw her into a tailspin. it made her nervous to have to switch up her routine to go from the car line to the walking group. she was nervous about where to go and when and where I would be and what if I wasn't there. but we went through the details of it over and over again.
part of me thought..well it would be so much easier on her for me to just drive to pick her up and the other part of me thought no, I need her to know that I am HERE. that I will be HERE, that I would never leave her and sometimes routines change and things change but it would be perfectly ok and you would adapt and know that I was THERE! :) so by the end of school walking was totally fine and fun! :) that way when the next change occurs, cause it will...we can use this as an example that remember the time you worried about changing to a walker but everything ended up ok....? :)
she LOVES to bring up the time that I got confused and went to pick her up at tennis and she was at cheerleading.. GREAT, hahahhaha.



0 comments: