Tuesday, February 5, 2008

another awesome sunset out our front door...i love these..they remind me of my mimi and aunt judy..they loooved sunsets..my parents do too, they have spent lots of nights on the lake drinking wine watching the sunset..! i hope ms liza takes the time to enjoy sunsets like this one...

Since today is Ash Wednesday..I will share what we are doing for lent...jason and I are both going to work out 3/x a week..
my mom always encourages us to ADD something during lent so I am also going to send a thank you card out every day...i figure that will be easy..40 things or people i am thankful for..it won't even begin to touch my gratitude.. but it seems as i go about my day there is always something that i stumble on to be thankful for and so now i will let them know!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Ohhh! Great idea on the thank you cards. That is awesome. Maybe I want that idea.

Amber said...

I too love the thank you idea! Meanwhile, I haven't even finished all of my thank you notes for Cy yet. Shame on me!

Amber said...

Oh, and I forgot to comment on that awesome sunset! Wow! I don't think that we have those here in Springdale :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea Kate! I love it that your mom taught you that, such a neat idea. And the sunset is gorgeous!

Kim said...

I will be expecting a thank you note for just being me. just kidding.... I gave up sweets for Lent. I'm dying right now!!!!

Shawna said...

That is a great add Kate! Somehow I missed this post yesterday, but the photo is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

KATE
HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THE SUNSET?
I HAVE BOXES OF PICTURES OF SUNSETS AND EVEN HAVE A FEW FRAMED.
ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS WHITE FISH LAKE, MT. IN 2006 SUNSET AT 11:00 PM. DO YOU THINK POPPY WAS UP FOR THAT SUNSET? HEARD LIZA IS BETTER THANK GOODNESS. OUR PRAYERS WERE HEARD. MEME